A. Information Collection
We need to collect information about you to
- identify you and prevent access to your personal and financial information by unauthorized persons
- provide you with products and services you have requested
- help us design or improve our products and services
- help us respond to your questions and inform you of new products and services
- comply with laws and regulations which may apply to us
It is very important that the information we collect from our client is accurate, current, and complete. We make every effort to ensure that the information we collect is accurate. If any inaccuracies are found, we will correct the information in a timely manner.
C. Employee Access
We educate our employees about the importance of customer privacy and confidentiality. We limit employee access to your information to those bank administrators with a business reason to know such information and take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
D. Disclosure of Information
We normally disclose information we collected because we need to share your information to run our everyday business such as processing your transactions, maintaining your account(s), responding to court orders and legal investigations, reporting to credit bureaus, or offering our products and services to you. We may share your information for joint marketing with other financial companies or for our affiliate's everyday business purposes. Click "What does Wilshire Bank do with your personal information" above for more details.
E. Personal Data Protection Principles
Wilshire Bank has adopted specific personal data protection principles which detail our institution's handling of personal information. The board of directors, management, and staff of Wilshire Bank place a high priority on the confidentiality of customer information. It is our intent to protect information provided by you as our customer.
- We will ensure that information about you is accurate to the best of our capabilities when we collect or use it.
- We will keep information secure.
- We will be open with you about what kinds of personal information we hold and what we do with it.
F. Protecting Information Online
How we handle Online applications and e-mail message is as follows:
- When you apply online for accounts or services, or enroll in online banking, you provide personal information that is necessary for us to process your application. To ensure that your information remains confidential, the information is sent in a "secure session" established with Secure Socket Layer (SSL).